“This is probably the best dessert you’ve ever made.”
My husband said that, not me.
I’m pretty pleased with this statement because (as you already know) I make so many desserts in my house. This one was definitely a stand out because it was delicious, simple to make and required very few ingredients.
It’s PERFECT because you can break the pieces into whatever sized pieces you want. Anyone can have as much or as little as they want. And it’s absolutely addicting.
PS: Recipe makes WAY more than what’s pictured… we ate a lot 😉
Chocolate Saltine Bark
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 12oz. (1 bag) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Saltine Crackers
- Line a baking sheet with foil & a single layer of saltine crackers.
- Bring brown sugar & butter to a boil. Stir continuously while boiling for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour and spread evenly to coat the crackers. Then bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- After removing from oven, sprinkle the bag of chocolate chips and spread them around with a rubber spatula.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes then remove & break into pieces!
recipe adapted slightly from: http://www.shhhopsecret.com/2012/12/chocolate-saltine-bark.html