Nothing says fall/winter like coming home for dinner to a nice steamy bowl of hearty chili 🙂
I always used to steer clear from making chili (even though I love it) because, as I often witnessed, it generally takes forever to make and requires a ton of ingredients.
Good news: I found the easiest & simplest chili recipe that turned out amazing. It took 20 minutes and only 5 required ingredients (I added a few of my own I had on hand). It turned out beautifully. My husband and I both loved it and we had leftovers for days.
Easy Fall Chili
prep + cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 (15 oz.) cans beans, drained (black beans, kidney beans, a combo, or whatever you like)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- (optional: 1 C frozen corn)
- (optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream, cilantro, etc.)
- In a large stockpot, cook ground turkey over medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently. Drain the excess grease. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the onion is cooked and softened.
- Serve warm with additional toppings if desired.
recipe slightly adapted from: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/5-ingredient-easy-chili-recipe/