My latest pinterest find: the Strawberry Icebox Cake
Apparently, it’s a thing.
So, first of all, it looks rather simple to make, but it required a tad bit of work to make my own whipped cream. After that, it was easy peasy… and came out absolutely delicious. I had seconds… and thirds…
The homemade whipped cream is delicious. The graham crackers get nice and soft and all the flavors blend together perfectly.
You will definitely want to give this a shot. I plan on making this again at our next dinner party!
Strawberry Icebox Cake (No Bake)
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater (optional)
- 4 sleeves (about 19 ounces, or 24 to 28 whole crackers) graham crackers
- 4 ounces baker’s semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Take out a few of the best-looking strawberries and set them aside for the garnish. Hull the remainder of the strawberries and cut each berry into thin slices.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 3 cups of cream until it just holds stiff peaks. Add the confectioners sugar, vanilla, and rosewater (if using) and whip to combine.
- Spread a small spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, or a similarly-sized platter. Lay down six graham crackers. Lightly cover the top of the graham crackers with more whipped cream, and then a single layer of strawberries. Repeat three times, until you have four layers of graham crackers. Spread the last of the whipped cream over the top and swirl it lightly with a spoon. Add a few more strawberries.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, place the baker’s chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes, stopping at 1 minute to stir. Drizzle this over the layered dessert with a spoon, or transfer to a squeeze bottle and use that to drizzle.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours, or until the crackers have softened completely. Garnish with additional berries if desired.
Recipe slightly adapted from: http://www.eatagreatdeal.com/2015/01/no-bake-strawberry-icebox-cake.html