So this has got to be one of my all-time favorite recipes… and it is an original recipe! But extremely simple (so no surprise it’s original) and was inspired by one of my old roommates.
But before we get into the cookie butter recipe, we must acknowledge the plethora of sweets that have invaded my household over the past couple weeks.
As most of you know, my son recently celebrated his first birthday! And of course it was filled with yummy sweets… Including his first time eating cake! We got it on camera, incase he ever wanted to see.
It took him less than a minute to devour the whole thing. But I guess I can’t expect any less when it’s his first time having that kind of sugar.
Anyway onto cookie butter.
So this thing is the best. In case you haven’t heard of it, it’s a jar you buy from trader joe’s. It’s got the consistency of peanut butter, but tastes like mushed up cookie. I’m not even sure how to describe the flavor… I guess you’ll just have to try it for yourself 😉
This recipe is extremely easy and you can easily make your own version of it by using different types of pretzels or even pretzel sticks. I’ve done it with all the above and it always comes out amazing. And never stays in our fridge for very long.
Cookie Butter & Chocolate Pretzel Sandwiches
1/4 C Cookie Butter
2 C Pretzels
1.5 C Chocolate chips
(these are approximate… feel free to use as much of you like of any of the ingredients)
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2. Spread Pretzels evenly onto cookie sheet.
3. Spread a layer of cookie butter onto each pretzel. Place a new pretzel on top of each “cookie butter” pretzel. Put in refrigerator for ~30 minutes.
4. Melt chocolate chips in microwave or over stove (be careful not to burn the chocolate).
5. Once chocolate is melted, dip each of the “pretzel sandwiches” into the pot of melted chocolate and place back on cookie sheet (this part may get messy… it’s fine).
6. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes… enjoy 🙂