1. We’re constantly talking about the Christmas version.
Because is there anything like Disneyland at Christmas time? I don’t think so. (that castle though…)
2. I am somewhat concerned my child won’t love Disney like I do.
Our first time meeting Mickey was… anti-climactic. Maybe even a tad scary. Needless to say, I was the most excited out of the Kwok’s.
3. The thing that always (and I mean, always) makes me cry.
At the very end of the Christmas time Fireworks show at Disneyland, all the lights in mainstream come on, slow Christmas music begins to play and SNOW FALLS OUT OF THE SKY. And when you look around, ALL of the families are hugging and saying “I love you” and getting emotional. And all the kids are FLIPPING out with joy. Every single time, I cry.
4. We like to match when we go.
Well… they do 🙂 Nick made me change Josh’s pants AND shoes so they could match.
5. That clam chowder bread bowl though…
It hits the spot. Every time.
6. We all love my minnie ears.
I know Nick does because he always points out when I don’t have them. “Aw, no, you forgot your minnie ears!” And Josh always stares at them. or tries to eat them. The minnie ears are really fun and worth it if you have a pass.
7. When Nick and I go without Josh, we literally run through the park.
Seriously, we do. We need to catch every single ride that we can’t go on when Josh is with this. So we just race from one ride to the next. We always laugh when we get to our next destination wondering what everyone’s thinking about the crazy couple.
8. My favorite part of the fireworks show.
Is very specific. Next time you’re watching it look out for this: towards the end when the sky is all lit up and the fireworks are going crazy, instead of watching the show, turn around and look at everyone’s faces in the crowd. People are BEAMING with HUGE smiles. Children are awe-struck. It’s a marvelous site to see.
9. We are ‘World of Color’ Pro’s
Once they remove the ropes, we literally run to get the “perfect” spot. We bring dinner and games to kill time while we wait. Oh and we bring an umbrella for the wet zone.
10. It’s our ‘go-to’ whenever we can’t think of what else to do.
A birthday? An anniversary? A random Friday? Let’s go to Disneyland!
11. When people ask me what I’ll miss about L.A. if/when we leave, it’s one of the first things I think of.
Of course not the first thing I say.