A quick sweet treat to enjoy!
I made these last night and Nick and I both loved them. I can’t say that they’re healthy, but they DO have oats 🙂 They don’t have too much butter. AND you know everything that’s going in them (unlike packaged goods).
PS: That’s something new we’re trying in our house: only eating sweets that we make ourselves, rather than purchasing packaged sweets (we can’t be okay with eating something when we don’t recognize half the ingredients).
PS: I notice that the cookies look kind of dry in the photos… they are really really not.
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
yields 24 cookies
1/2 C butter
1.5 C white sugar
1/2 C milk
4 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 C peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
3-3.5 C dry quick-cooking oats
*note: I cut the recipe in half and made 12 cookies… still came out great.
- Add the first four ingredients into a 4-quart sauce pan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and hold for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter into the hot mixture and stir until melted.
- Add in vanilla. (almond extract is good also, but I only use 1/2 teaspoon almond and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla).
- Mix in the oats and drop by tablespoons onto wax paper.
- Leave in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before eating.
slightly adapted from: http://dessert.food.com/recipe/no-bake-chocolate-oatmeal-cookies-23821