Lovely friends & family,
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything… I’m not sure if it’s simply because I’m out of ideas or I’m tired. I think it’s both. But mostly that I’m extremely tired.
This past month has been both wonderful and exhausting. It would take too much mental capacity to hash out every single detail of why this is the case… but I will make it short & sweet. As usual.
Here are 9 new things that happened in January:
1. I got a Job! I will finally be working as an occupational therapist at a hospital in Downtown L.A.! This is exactly what I was looking for and I am unbelievably grateful for it.
2. I read “The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society” and fell in love with the novel. It’s very Jane Austen-esque. Not the style of writing, of course, but the characters and the setting. I’ve always been into the Jane Austen type novels, but have never gotten into her books… but this one really tugged at my heart strings. It’s a story about love & WWII written through letters. I absolutely adored it.
3. Nick & I did the 21-day Daniel Fast, which means that for 21 days you only eat fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts & certain types of grain. It’s been unbelievably challenging, but we both feel healthier than ever. Our fast ends tomorrow and we’re both nervous (but OBVIOUSLY excited) about getting back to our old eating habits. I plan on writing a blog post about the fast and things I’ve learned through it.
4. I’ve been using & enjoying the Passion Planner. If you don’t know what that is and you’re a paper planner person, please please go check it out. It’s worth checking out.
5. Trying to find child care for Josh for when I start work has been unbelievably difficult.
6. The Bachelor is so good this season because Ben is the best bachelor. Totally makes up for Chris Soules season (which I really hated). I can’t wait for the Daniel Fast to be over so I can enjoy the show properly (that means with food). Also, my bachelor bracket is killin’ it!
7. I started watching Downton Abbey, which also goes back to that Jane Austen thing. I love the idea of old victorian times in England, but can never seem to really get into it. I hate admitting that that stuff usually bores me… but I DO admit that I loved season 1 episode 1. And that’s as far as I’ve gotten so far… I’m definitely set on continuing the season. I’ll let you know how that goes.
8. Our place is a mess. And has been for a few weeks now… I can’t seem to clean it.
9. Joshua’s turning 2 years old TOMORROW. Where did the time go? My sweet little baby boy is now TWO?! Oh goodness. If only there was a way to stop time and just snuggle.