So normally I take an excessive & unnecessarily large amount of photos so that I can pick the best one later… I literally took two this time and just started eating. I was so so so hungry and this grilled cheese is SO good.
I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m pretty sure I have mastered the perfect grilled cheese. It is the perfect lunch (minus the fact that there are no vegetables involved).
Nick loves it. Josh loves it. I’m not sure I could do without it… here are some tips on crafting your own 🙂
The Perfect Grilled Cheese
- seeded sourdough sliced bread (from Trader Joe’s)
- Monterey Jack Cheese (or any cheese…. also from Trader Joe’s)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 TBS butter
- prosciutto (optional)
- smoked Tabasco (optional)
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over the stove on med-high.
- Place first slice of bread down onto the skillet.
- Layer Monterey Jack cheese slices on top of the first slice of bread.
- Put the final slice of bread on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of the bread.
- Check to see if the bottom is getting toasty (or if the cheese inside is getting melty). When ready, flip the grilled cheese over and allow the other side to get crisp.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of the other side… now warm & toasty.
- Flip it one more time to get the cheese nice & crispy.
- Put it on a plate. Add the prosciutto inside & smoked tabasco on top if you wish.
I hope that makes sense! It felt really difficult to explain… feel free to ask specifics!