It’s been a while since I posted anything (especially a recipe), but I made these tonight and couldn’t not share. Absolutely love these cookies. I loved them because 1) they have almond butter in them, 2) they taste awesome and 3) they’re a healthier alternative to standard chocolate chip cookies. They’re flour-less and only have 6 ingredients. No butter & only half a cup of brown sugar. Already had 3 and refraining from eating anymore. The only downside is that they come out a little crumbly… I still loved the taste, texture and softness. The crumbliness only made it a tiny bit more difficult to eat. Otherwise… two thumbs up 🙂
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Flourless)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250g) almond butter (I did 1/2 C almond butter, 1/2 C peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup (90g) light or dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (190g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg until beaten. Mix in the almond butter, then the brown sugar, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix everything together very well. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Scoop the dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 TBS per scoop.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft– that’s ok! For crispier cookies, bake up to 11-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cover leftover cookies tightly and store at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- Make ahead tip: Cookies freeze well up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
slightly adapted from http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/01/03/almond-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies/